BOREL PTA FUNDS
How does the PTA help our school
Our operating budget allows us to plan and sponsor community building and educational programs throughout the year for our students and families. Just to name a few - Head Start Day, Cultural Fair, Book Fair, Founder’s Day, Reflections Awards, Clowder Chowdown, Back to School Social and 8th Grade Graduation. We also help supply our teachers with classroom school supplies, and we fund student aid, including project pantry and student aid scholarships.
Our budget also allows us to directly support the school through our PTA Gifts-To-School Fund, allowing us to fund the following for the 2023-24 school year.
Staffing & Instructional Support $76,650
- FTE School Office Specialist
Academic Department Supports $52,000
- Supports 9 Academic Departments with their annual needs
School Programs, Events & Resources $38,000
- Supports special needs such as Promotion gowns, Library books, Radio equipment
- Clinic supplies for Office & Classes, and Technology needs
- Teacher pay for additional work including supervision, campus events and webmaster
- Professional Development Conferences, Books for Teachers
Facilities Upgrades $9,000
- Facilities Repairs and Improvements such as landscaping or other common area improvements
- Furniture for Peace room, conference rooms and office
School Safety & Environment $2,500
- Upgrades and needs for safer School Environment
Sports Department $1,000
- Sports items for students' games/activities during school lunch and other events.
Staff Hospitality $800
- Treats and Refreshments for the School Office Team
The Borel PTA has a 2023-24 fundraising goal of approximately $250,000 to keep important programs and staffing in place. With Borel’s approximately 900 students, this fundraising goal comes out to be around $300 per student. We ask families who can donate to contribute $750 per student to make our overall goal achievable. With the funds we raise each year, the PTA uses part of the funds for the current year’s operating budget, and the net income funds the PTA Gifts-To-School Fund.
Your Support Matters
Your generous donation is critical for the PTA to be able to deliver on the community events and resources provided to the school and for your kids. No amount is too small and is much appreciated! The wide range of programs the PTA funds cannot be delivered without raising significant funds, and we still have a long way to go!. Click here to make a tax-deductible donation. DOUBLE your donation with Corporate Matching! Please visit Borel Corporate Matching to learn how you can further your Borel Boosters contribution. Questions? Email Sophia Tseng at Boosters@borelbobcats.org
Call to Action: Join the PTA today!
Ready to make a positive impact on your child's education and our school community? Join the PTA now and be part of the change you want to see. Together, we can create a brighter future for our children.